Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lady Gaga: I Don't Want a Glamorous Life


Lady Gaga says that she prefers the grime of New York to the glitz and glamor of Los Angeles.

The "Born This Way" hitmaker insists she will always live in the New York neighborhood where she grew up as she was left thoroughly unimpressed after a brief stint on the Hollywood party scene.

She said: “I actually made a choice to keep my life pretty normal.

“Some point about two years ago I said to myself, ‘OK, am I going to put my toe in Hollywood’s pond and figure out if I want to live a glamorous life and assimilate to the glamorous lifestyle’, but I really didn’t want to do it.

“And I don’t like Hollywood and I don’t like the whole scene and I just said, ‘I’m going to go home and figure out how to be the first popstar to live in the same neighborhood for the rest of their life that I grew up in’, and that’s what I do.

“I still live where I always lived, I still hang out and drink whiskey at the same bars. I still go to the same hardware store.”

Tough she uses a stage name, the eccentric star -- real name Stefani Germanotta -- insisted that fans always see her as she really is.

Said Gaga while appearing on the Kyle & Jackie O Show: “I’ve become more and more confident as a woman and a don’t make any distinction between myself as Stefani, my birth name and myself, Gaga.

“It’s just a nickname, I’m the same person through and through physically. Who my fans see that’s really who I am and they have never complained to me about it. If they do I will certainly be listening to it and paying attention as I want them to be happy.”