Monday, February 7, 2011

Katy Perry Talks Fame & Figure with Elle


Making for quite the fabulous cover girl, Katy Perry adorns the front page of the March 2011 issue of Elle magazine.

Set to hit newsstands on February 15, the 26-year-old partook in a fabulous photo shoot while clad in Gucci as she chatted about topics such as life before fame and her much talked about figure.

Highlights from Miss Perry's interview with Elle are as follows:

On life before she became a successful artist and the ultimatium she gave herself: “I had two cars repossessed, and I was writing bad checks, but I gave myself a timeline. I thought, Okay, if I don’t make it by 25, I’m just going to get married and pop out some babies and do some crafts.”

On her down-to-earth personality: “It’s important to be relatable and normal. And I think that what helps with that, for me, is that I had the rug pulled out from underneath my feet so many times. It was like, ‘Listen up, bitch, you’re not going to get served this on a silver platter—you’ve got to work for it!’ I don’t feel like I can act like an entitled bitch yet! I still have so much to prove.”

On whether she’s had any reservations about presenting a provocative image: “We’re past that. I’m a sexy girl, so what? I never claimed I was a nun!”

On her much talked about figure: “I was shaped like a square at one time. I was! I’m generally around 130 pounds, which is totally fine for me. But when I was a kid, I was the same height and weighed more like 145. And I had enormous boobs that I didn’t know what to do with, so I wore minimizers, which were not cute. Those thick-ass straps! I got made fun of for the over-the-shoulder boulder holder…and all I wanted was to look like Kate Moss. Little did I know…that these things would come in handy someday.”

On her current look: “Bettie Page meets Wonder Woman meets Doris Day meets Judy Jetson meets Natalie Wood meets Daphne Guinness meets ChloĆ« Sevigny kind of look.”