Thursday, February 10, 2011

Carrie Underwood's Hubby Moving to Nashville


Looks like Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher will no longer have a long-distance marriage.

The singer's hockey-player husband has been traded from the Ottawa Senators to the Nashville Predators, according to CBC News. With Fisher living in Ottawa and Underwood based in Nashville, the good news is that the couple will no longer have to travel to see each other.

"We will both truly miss Ottawa," Underwood said in a statement Thursday. "Mike has been such a big part of the community, and I will never forget how they welcomed me with open arms. We obviously love Nashville, and the teams' decision for him to now play with the Predators is an exciting opportunity for Mike. I support him wherever he plays!"

Fisher himself has mixed feelings about the change. "It's hard, it's a bit of a shock [and it ] still hasn't sunk in yet," he said in a video interview on the NHL Web site. "The hardest part is the goodbyes to people. That's tough. I'm excited about Nashville, about the Predators. If a trade was going to happen and there was a place I had to go, it would be Nashville. I'm excited about being a part of that team, they're a very good team."

Added Fisher, "I'm sure my wife won't be disappointed ... I think it will be a great place for me and the family."